Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Orcon, get your act together

Wow, Orcon just charged me $154.90 after I connected with them on a plan I thought was free until January, since that's what the salesman at the door told me. Suddenly I'm wondering if I got conned, or if I dreamed the whole thing up, until I found this still sitting on my desk:



Having just sat through 40 mins of waiting for customer service on hold, and hearing the message that I can use their website for all of this over 100 times, and then being simply disconnected mid-call after getting someone who could not even comprehend my query, I'm loathe to pick up the phone again.

I never actually received any kind of confirmation message from them after connection, telling me about my website login (which is why I had to endure the phone call). Indeed my first contact from them, post install, was a strange automated message telling me I had zero usage, which had been escalated into a technical problem. This happened because I had not connected to their router yet, still using my Telecom connection until I was certain the whole connection through to Orcon had been successful, and my phone number had been put through. I then got another one a bit later saying the problem was now resolved (presumably when I plugged in and started using the service).

So, nice offer, Orcon, and the broadband is nice and fast. But charging me for it now is a complete violation of our agreement, and your phone support leaves a lot to be desired. Hoping I don't end up regretting ever having had anything to do with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment